Patient-centered Standards of Care in Osteoarthritis: Managing Pain and Improving Function – Virtual Patient Simulations
These virtual patient simulations (VPS) will address various knowledge and performance gaps in the area of OA/chronic pain treatment and management. Areas for patient simulation evaluation and practice will include:
- Recognize the burden of OA with regard to physical function and quality of life (QoL);
- Review emerging therapies and their role in achieving treatment targets;
- Apply collaborative care strategies, particularly with physical therapy (PT) professionals and PCPs; and,
- Recognize and address healthcare disparities in OA (e.g., elderly, racial, and ethnic minorities).
Rheumatologists, Pain Specialists, Orthopedic Surgeons, Primary Care Providers, Radiologists, PTs, NP and PAs
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to (or better able to):
- Demonstrate and implement ways in which to manage OA to achieve the most comprehensive pain management.
- Evaluate current and emerging therapeutic options for OA, with a focus on recent advances in therapeutics.
- Recognize healthcare disparities in OA management, with regard to race, gender, and other specific groups.
- Utilizing virtual patient simulations, apply collaborative strategies into clinical practice to delay progression of existing disease, and effectively manage clinically challenging cases.
Eu sem integer vitae justo eget magna fermentum.
Nancy Figueiredo, RN
Boston Medical Center
Ms. Figueiredo is on the advisory board for Boehringer Ingelheim.
Tuhina Neogi, MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine and of Epidemiology
Chief of Rheumatology
Boston University School of Medicine/Boston Medical Center
Boston University School of Public Health
Dr. Neogi, CME Course Director, is a consultant for EMD Merck-Serono, Flexion, Novartis, Pfizer/Lilly and Regeneron.
Dr. Daniel Kenta White, PT, ScD, MSc
Department of Physical Therapy
University of Delaware
STAR Health Sciences Complex
Dr. White has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
CME Project Manager: Michael Burk
Boston University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Nursing Education Provider Unit is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 1.5, all of which are eligible for pharmacology credit
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Boston University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Boston University School of Medicine designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.50 ANCCBoston University School of Medicine Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.50 Participation
Feugiat pretium nibh ipsum consequat nisl vel pretium lectus. Vehicula ipsum a arcu cursus vitae congue mauris rhoncus. Morbi leo urna molestie at elementum. Eget duis at tellus at. Molestie at elementum eu facilisis sed odio morbi quis. Egestas congue quisque egestas diam in arcu cursus euismod. Nunc scelerisque viverra mauris in aliquam sem fringilla ut. Sagittis nisl rhoncus mattis rhoncus urna neque. Viverra maecenas accumsan lacus vel. Purus in massa tempor nec feugiat nisl pretium fusce. Facilisi morbi tempus iaculis urna id. In vitae turpis massa sed elementum. Non tellus orci ac auctor augue mauris augue neque gravida. Diam sit amet nisl suscipit adipiscing bibendum est. Enim sit amet venenatis urna cursus. Velit ut tortor pretium viverra suspendisse potenti. Aliquam ultrices sagittis orci a scelerisque purus semper eget. Nisl purus in mollis nunc sed id. Turpis nunc eget lorem dolor sed viverra ipsum nunc.
Lobortis feugiat vivamus at augue. Id velit ut tortor pretium viverra suspendisse potenti nullam ac. Netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas integer eget. Augue ut lectus arcu bibendum at varius vel. Mattis molestie a iaculis at erat pellentesque adipiscing. Vitae semper quis lectus nulla at volutpat diam. Et malesuada fames ac turpis. Eu non diam phasellus vestibulum. Pellentesque elit ullamcorper dignissim cras tincidunt lobortis feugiat. Ligula ullamcorper malesuada proin libero nunc consequat interdum varius. Congue mauris rhoncus aenean vel. Imperdiet dui accumsan sit amet nulla facilisi morbi tempus iaculis. Ultrices vitae auctor eu augue. Egestas maecenas pharetra convallis posuere morbi leo. Faucibus et molestie ac feugiat sed lectus vestibulum. Viverra nam libero justo laoreet sit amet cursus sit. Justo donec enim diam vulputate ut pharetra sit amet.