School Nursing in MA: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow!
(FREE) Fall Virtual Zoom Event
Join the Public Health Museum, MA School Nurse Organization (MSNO), and MA Department of Public Health (DPH) for an exploration of the history of school nursing on Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 7PM.
Sample Vision Tool List (new!)
Purchase Orders Now Available!
We are offering purchase orders for all our SHIELD courses affiliated with a cost.
To complete this request, please select "Shield invoice" in the payment method section at course check-out (see picture below).
We hope you find this useful!
COVID-19 Resources Page
Follow these links for:
- Additional Information for School Health Offices, Updated June 21, 2022
- COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine Guidance for Children in Child Care, K-12, Out-of-School Time (OST) and Recreational Camp/Program Settings
- COVID-19 Testing Standard Order Updated October 12, 2021
- DESE COVID-19 Testing Program
- DESE Guidance on the Desktop Messages
- MDPH Additional Information for School Health Services, Updated July 29, 2021
- SY22 COVID-19 Testing Program Webinar Recording, September 1, 2021
- SHIELD COVID-19 Resources Page
- Vaccine Training and Resources
Who should take the SBIRT in Schools course?
► Note: SBIRT screening tools have been updated to include tobacco and nicotine and are detailed in the SBIRT in Schools Resource Toolkit (revised 8-30-21). Additional tools are provided in the SBIRT Screening Resources section.
► New Optional Course! Health professionals interested in learning more about how to discuss the use of nicotine, tobacco, and vaping with their students may be interested in taking the OPTIONAL CRAFFT+N - Talking with Students about Nicotine, Tobacco and Vaping course
Self-Paced Courses Available!
For the most up-to-date self-paced courses available in SHIELD and other training websites, please go here.
BinaxNOW™ Training for School Health Professionals
Recordings are available!
The following recordings are available from various live sessions offered this year:
- CSHS Session on October 7th, 2021 (recording)
- This recording is offered as a podcast, can be audited, and POs are offered for those interested in claiming nursing credit
- All Regions Regional Meeting 1/26/2022 (PediSANE)
- All Regions Regional Meeting 3/16/2022 (Refugee Health)
Email BU SHIELD with any questions.
SHIELD News & Updates
Welcome to the new SHIELD learning management system that offers more CME/CE learning opportunities, expanded credit types, easy-to-use navigation, and auto-generated certificates. Click on the "Login" button at the top right of this website and create your account.
Note: your email and transcript up to May 24, 2021, from bucme.org has already been imported into this new system and is ready for you to access.
The PDF below provides instructions on maneuvering this new site:
The FY23 SHIELD Calendar is available! Please note that dates and times are subject to change and this calendar will be constantly updated.