1. Describe how we use the current breast cancer screening recommendations and address mammogram screening with primary care patients 40-50 yo.
2. Discuss how current breast screening guidelines are not based on our patient population, and how they might be contributing to health disparities in breast cancer outcomes.
3. Identify alternative approaches to support primary care providers in getting breast cancer screening done for our patients.
Presenter: Christine Prifti, MD
- Tracy Battagllia, MD, Associate Director of Belkin Breast Center
- Priscilla Slanetz, MD, Acting Section Chief, Breast Imaging, Radiology
- Michael Cassidy, MD, Director of Belkin Breast Health Center
- Doug Bruce, MD, Medical Director Primary Care
- Course Director Julie Crosson, MD
The following presenters have no disclosure: Tracy Battagllia, Michael Cassidy, Doug Bruce, Christine Prifti, Course Julie Crosson.
This Presenter: Priscilla Slanetz has disclosure: company: Wolters - Kluwer royalitles on 3 breast imaging topics on UpToDate beast imaging manuscripts
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Boston University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Boston University School of Medicine designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Participation