BWH Postpartum Contraception and Lactation; Enduring 11/30/2022
A one-hour enduring activity created from a live webinar presentation.
Physicians, CNMs, PAs, NPs and other healthcare professionals interested in OB/GYN and contraception.
Participants at the conclusion of this webinar will be able to:
- Describe the need for immediate postpartum initiation of contraception
- Discuss what contraceptive options are available for postpartum patient
- Review the evidence for hormonal contraception's impact on lactation outcomes
- Define the role of nurses and clinicians in supporting patients' contraceptive plans
Eu sem integer vitae justo eget magna fermentum.
Katharine White, MD, MPH
Vice-Chair of Academics, Department of OB/GYN, Boston Medical Center
Director of the Fellowship in Family Planning, Boston Medical Center
Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Boston University School of Medicine
Principal Investigator of Partners in Contraceptive Choice and Knowledge (PICCK)
Elisabeth Woodhams, MD, MSc
Medical Director, BEACON Family Planning, Boston Medical Center
Associate Director of OB/GYN Residency Program, Boston Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Boston University School of Medicine
Elisabeth Wooodhams, MD MSc
Faculty Presenter does not have anything to disclose with regard to commercial interests. She does not plan on discussing unlabeled/investigational uses of a commercial product.
Katharine White, MD MPH receives research support from Boston Medical Center via Bayer Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co., Inc., and Evofem Biosciences grants, and was previously a consultant for FitBit. Elisabeth Woodhams, MD MSc, Jenn Farraye, NP, Natasha Lerner, DrPH MPA, Kristina Tavilla, MPH, Elizabeth Raskin MPH(c) MSW(c), and Lily Acton, MPH of Boston Medical Center have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The following planning committee members from Boston University School of Medicine’s Office of Continuing Medical Education have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies:
Michael Burk, BS – Senior Program Manager
CME Project Manager: Michael Burk
This educational activity has been provided by Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Nursing Education and jointly-provided by Partners in Contraceptive Choice and Knowledge (PICCK).
Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 1, all of which is eligible for pharmacology credit
- 1.00 ANCCBoston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine, Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 ANCC Pharmacology
- 1.00 ParticipationBoston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.