Project Design Feedback and Professional Credits
To receive QI project design feedback and/or professional credits for your QI project, you must submit a QI Effort: Project Proposal application for credit using the QI Hub Application System. If you wish to obtain MOC/CME/NCPD (nursing) credit for your project, you must ensure your project follows the Meaningful Participation Criteria below.
- We recommend submitting an application after you have completed your current state assessment, but before you have tested any interventions.
- You can expect to receive personalized feedback on your project plan and the decision of approval for credit within 4 weeks of the day you submit the application.
Meaningful Participation Criteria
The QI Hub has established the following minimum participation standards, which should be used as a guide when planning your QI Effort. Should any disputes arise among participating clinicians regarding their eligibility for credit, these are the standards they will be held to when resolving the dispute.
To receive MOC/CME/NCPD credit for a quality improvement project, the learner must:
- Perform at least one of the following roles:
- Provides direct or consultative care to patients
- Facilitates/supervises a resident-led QI effort
- Leader or core implementation team member of a QI effort
- Test, implement and assimilate the QI Effort’s intervention(s) into practice as appropriate to role, in at least 50% of available opportunities.
- Collect, submit and/or review data at least three times. Reviewing key performance metrics for the project must happen at least quarterly. Monthly or weekly review is strongly encouraged.
- Collaborate actively by attending at least four project meetings throughout the course of the project.
- Complete electronic attestation, certifying completion of the above requirements.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Natalie Sanfratello at QIHUB@bmc.org, or by calling the BU CCE at 617-358-5047.