Iowa Oncology Society (IOS) 2022 Fall Conference
Thank you for participating in this program. Once logged in, please click on "Take Course" on the right-hand side and your enrollment will be recorded. You will be prompted to complete the evaluation and claim your credit on the tabs.
Physicians, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants, Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners who are interested in the field of Oncology
At the end of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize recent advances in diagnosing and treating various cancers, such as breast, lung, gastrointestinal, and brain cancers, multiple myeloma, leukemia, lymphoma, and myelodysplastic syndromes.
- Describe the role of biomarker testing for diagnosing and treating some common cancers.
- Use new knowledge about immunotherapy to inform decisions related to the treatment of some cancers.
- Discuss how cancer care can be improved by second opinions, patient participation in clinical trials, and communication among colleagues.
Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Boston University School of Medicine and the Iowa Oncology Society.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses: Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity has been provided by Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Nursing Education and jointly provided by the Iowa Oncology Society.
Contact Hours: 5.00, of which 4.75 is pharmacology credit worthy
- 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 5.00 ANCC
- 4.75 ANCC Pharmacology
- 5.00 Participation