Concussion & Post-Concussion Syndrome (PCS) Best-Practice Guidelines of Care - December 13, 2022
The Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority (AMHTA) partnered with the Concussion Legacy Foundation and Boston University School of Medicine to offer free, accredited continuing medical education courses to providers practicing in Alaska. Join subject matter experts Dr. Robert Cantu and Katelynn Cataldo, NP for the latest best-practice guidelines of care for concussion, Post-Concussion Syndrome (PCS), and Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE).
Primary Care Physicians, Family Practice Physicians, Neurologists, Behavioral Neurologists, Psychiatrists, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Physician Assistants. Allied health professionals welcome.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a concussion
- Identify recommended concussion guidelines for use in their practice
- Show confidence in utilizing the return to play/learn guidelines with patients
- Identify the signs and symptoms of suspected CTE, have a basic understanding of the recommended clinical management of suspected CTE, and have a basic understanding of the 2021 TES criteria.
- Overview of Concussion & PCS
- Review of clinical tools and guidelines
- Best practices for symptom management and referral to allied health practitioners
- Review of Return-to-Play and Return-to-Learn guidelines
CME Program Manager: Naomi Moeller
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Boston University School of Medicine and the Concussion Legacy Foundation.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Participation