The 22nd Annual HCNE Boston Headache Symposium - November 5, 2022
Headache and facial pain are highly prevalent, disabling, complex medical conditions that are frequently chronic and are often under-diagnosed and inadequately treated. They place a considerable burden on the medical system in both time and financial resources.
While the underlying pathophysiology and basic science mechanisms of migraine and other chronic pain disorders have made many advances, there is still much to be learned and understood about these very troublesome public health problems.
The theme of the 2022 Boston meeting is to highlight the intersection of other medical disciplines with Headache Medicine. Many headache disorders present first to other specialists, and non-neurological conditions can present first to a headache specialist.
The evaluation, diagnosis and management of these pain disorders are a very important continuing education mission and one of the primary objectives of the Headache Cooperative of New England.
The goal is to increase the requisite skills needed to classify, differentially diagnose and treat the most common primary and secondary headache disorders.
This symposium is designed for physicians, dentists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, physical therapists and other health professionals to learn from the leaders in headache medicine.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the approach to evaluation and management of the headache patient
- Recognize different pediatric syndromes associated with migraine
- Recognize how headache disorders and ENT disorders can both experience facial pain
- List approaches to the urgent treatment of headache disorders
- Describe key principals in managing the difficult patient
- Recognize eye complaints in headache disorders separating them from primary eye conditions
- List common features of dental disorders and how they can present with facial pain
- Recognition and management of headache disorders in women
- Describe the role of interventions in the management of headache
- List upcoming therapies in Headache Medicine
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Boston University School of Medicine and the Headache Cooperative of New England (HCNE).
Boston University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity has been provided by Continuing Nursing Education Provider Unit, Boston University School of Medicine and jointly-provided by Headache Cooperative of New England.
Contact Hours: 7.25, of which 4.25 are pharmacology credit worthy.
- 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.25 ANCCBoston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine, Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 5.25 ANCC Pharmacology
- 9.00 ParticipationBoston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from AbbVie.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Lilly.
This activity has been supported through an independent educational grant from Teva Pharmaceuticals.
Thank you for participating in this program. Once logged in, please click on "Take Course" on the right-hand side and your enrollment will be recorded. You will be prompted to complete the evaluation and claim your credit on the following page.