Leading Change Collaborative 2021 - 2022: Block 3
The Leading Change Collaborative is an experiential quality improvement training course provided by the QI Hub.
Learning Block Content:
- Session 1: Data Collection and Sampling
- Faculty: Natalija Farrell, PharmD, BCPS, DABAT
- Synopsis: Sampling strategies for improvement work (simple random sampling; systematic random sampling; judgment sampling).
- Session 2: Run Charts and Understanding Variation
- Faculty: Natalie Sanfratello, MPH
- Synopsis: Understanding variation using run charts (simple graphical displays of data typically plotted in time series order). Relative advantage of time series data versus pre/post analysis for improvement work.
Claiming Credit for This Session
Once logged in, please click on "Take Course" on the right-hand side and your enrollment will be recorded. You will then be prompted to claim your credit on the following page.
Medical directors, program directors, and emerging physician leaders within the Boston Medical Center Health System.
Boston University School of Medicine asks all individuals involved in the development and presentation of Accredited Continuing Education activities to disclose all financial relationships with ineligible companies. This information is disclosed to all activity participants prior to the start of the educational activity. Boston University School of Medicine has procedures to mitigate all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies. In addition, faculty members are asked to disclose when any unapproved use of pharmaceuticals and devices is being discussed.
In accordance with the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, all relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies that faculty, planners, authors and anyone who may be in control of content have been mitigated.
Speaking Faculty & Planners
Kevin Horbowicz, PharmD, BCPS
Associate Director – Inpatient Clinical Pharmacy Services
Boston Medical Center
David Yuh, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine
Associate Medical Director of Quality, Section of GIM, Department of Medicine
Medical Director, Boston Medical Center QI Hub
Boston Medical Center
Emily Jansen, MPH
Senior Program Manager
Boston University School of Medicine
Office of Continuing Medical Education
All planners and faculty have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Faculty members do not plan on discussing unlabeled/investigational uses of a commercial product.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
Boston University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program meets the criteria of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for risk management study.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™Boston University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Boston University School of Medicine designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 3.00 MA Risk Management
- 3.00 Participation
THESE MATERIALS AND ALL OTHER MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONJUNCTION WITH CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION ACTIVITIES ARE INTENDED SOLELY FOR PURPOSES OF SUPPLEMENTING CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS FOR QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS. ANYONE USING THE MATERIALS ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL RISK FOR THEIR APPROPRIATE USE. TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE MATERIALS. IN NO EVENT WILL TRUSTEES OF BOSTON UNIVERSITY BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS. IN NO EVENT SHOULD THE INFORMATION IN THE MATERIALS BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL CARE. IN NO EVENT SHOULD INFORMATION IN THE MATERIALS REGARDING LAWS, REGULATIONS, OR LEGAL LIABILITY BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE OR USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR CONSULTING WITH AN ATTORNEY.