Applying the New CDC Practice Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Pain - United States, 2022 to the Care of a Patient with Chronic Pain - December 21, 2022
This site is for learners who participated in the live December 21, 2022 program to claim credit.
Thank you for participating in this program. Once logged in, please click on "Take Course" on the right-hand side and your enrollment will be recorded. You will be prompted to complete the evaluation and claim your credit on the following page.
Primary care physicians, internists, family practice physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and physician assistants
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the overall thrust of the new CDC Opioid Prescribing Guidelines and their specific refinements.
- Understand how the impact of the guidelines improves the manner and effectiveness of MOUD and behavioral interventions alone and together to treat patients with Chronic Pain and co-morbid OUD.
- Describe and devise an effective, feasible treatment plan for the patient using the new guidelines.
Course Director: Chris Shanahan, MD
CME Operations Manager: Naomi Moeller
Boston University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program meets the criteria of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for 1 hour of opioid education.
ADA statement: To request reasonable accommodations for a disability please contact MCSTAP@beaconhealthoptions.com, in writing, at least two weeks prior to the activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 MA Opioid Education Statement
- 1.00 Participation