Concussion and Post-Concussion Best-Practice Guidelines of Care - October 27, 2022
Thank you for participating in this program. Once logged in, please click on "Register" or "Take Course" on the right-hand side and your enrollment will be recorded. You will be prompted to complete the evaluation and claim your credit on the following page.
The Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority (AMHTA) partnered with the Concussion Legacy Foundation and Boston University School of Medicine to offer free, accredited continuing medical education courses to providers practicing in Alaska. Join subject matter experts Dr. Robert Cantu and Katelynn Cataldo, NP for the latest best-practice guidelines of care for concussion, Post-Concussion Syndrome (PCS), and Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE).
Nurses, Nurse Practitioners
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a concussion
- Identify recommended concussion guidelines for use in their practice
- Show confidence in utilizing the return to play/learn guidelines with patients
- Identify the signs and symptoms of suspected CTE, have a basic understanding of the recommended clinical management of suspected CTE, and have a basic understanding of the 2021 TES criteria.
Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity has been provided by Continuing Nursing Education Provider Unit, Boston University School of Medicine and jointly-provided by the Concussion Legacy Foundation.
Contact Hours: 1.0
- 1.00 ANCCBoston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine, Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 ParticipationBoston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
How to Claim Your CNE Certificate:
To earn credit, you must have stayed for the entire program and follow the directions below to complete the evaluation. You will need to create a new account if you do not already have one.
- Create a new account or log in to complete the components
- Click the register or take course button to proceed.
- Click on the start course button on the bottom of the page to start the evaluation.
- Follow the red prompts to claim your certificate.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions