Guides, Checklists, & Worksheets:
- Vision/Hearing/Heights/Weights Worksheet (Word Doc)
- Postural screening Worksheet (Word Doc)
- Referral Tracking Worksheet (Word Doc)
Screening and Reporting Resources
- SBIRT in Schools: FAQ, August 2021 (PDF)
- SBIRT in Schools Resource Toolkit (PDF)
- This toolkit is designed to assist SBIRT teams in planning their annual verbal substance use screening programs. It provides information about the law, the SBIRT process, planning resources, reporting requirements, education resources, and links to helpful websites. The appendices contain tools and samples school SBIRT teams can use when conducting SBIRT.
- MASBIRT TTA: SBIRT Training and Resource Materials
- Resources on this site include the most current screening tools (CRAFFT+N in English and translated to multiple languages), sample letters, helpful resources, and a variety of training resources.
- Screening Tools:
- DPH BSAS Substance Use Referral Information (PDF)
MDPH Data Collection and Reporting Forms
- SY21-22 DPH SBIRT Data Collection Tool - Checkbox
- Word document supporting new data collection on Checkbox
- Screenshots for Checkbox SBIRT data collection
- Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach (A-CRA) provider
- Schools needing support around referrals to treatment after a positive SBIRT screen should consider contacting their local listed on the Massachusetts Substance Use Helpline or by calling 800-327-5050.
- Bureau of Substance Addiction Services (BSAS)
- BSAS oversees the statewide system of prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery support services for individuals, families, and communities affected by gambling and substance addiction.
- Office of Youth and Young Adult Services (OYYAS)
- BSAS’s dedicated office for the oversight of state-funded, substance use-related services for youth and young adults ages 8-26. OYYAS oversees the implementation, enhancement, and sustainability of developmentally tailored services including: intervention, treatment, and recovery supports.
- Hand Hold
- A site for parents developed by OYYAS and the Department of Mental Health
- Massachusetts Tobacco Cessation and Prevention Program – Take the first step toward a nicotine-free life
- Nicotine free life Quitline 1-800-QUIT-NOW