Our Course on (Enduring) Welcoming refugee students: An Introduction to refugee student health for MA school nurses can be found here.
The overall goal of this course is to provide school nurses with information about refugee resettlement, including the health screening and immunization process, and to describe resources they can access as they work to provide culturally appropriate health services to meet the varied health needs of these students.
You can find our AUDIT (Enduring) Welcoming refugee students: An Introduction to refugee student health for MA school nurses Course here.
Note: The Audit version does not offer CNEs.
- Build Healthy Places Network: Tools & Resources (new window)
- Civil Rights Data Collection from the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (March 2014)
- Data resources for researching students' social contexts:
- District Analysis and Review Tools (DARTs) | MA DESE (new window)
- Health Equity Tools | Prevention Institute (new window)
- Living Language Guide (new window)
- This is an ever-changing glossary of diversity and inclusion-related terms curated by BU's Diversity & Inclusion Team.
- Moving Beyond Florence: Why We Need to Decolonize Nursing History by Kylie Smith (new window)
- National Collaborative for Health Equity (new window)
- NCCDPHP Health Equity Glossary | CDC (new window)
- A Nurse Educator's Perspective About Institutional Racism and White Supremacy in Nursing Education by Amy Harding (new window)
- Nursing a Radical Imagination: Moving from Theory and History to Action and Alternate Futures edited by Jess Dillard-Wright, Jane Hopkins-Walsh, & Brandon Brown (new window)
- Our Racial Reckoning Statement | American Nurses Association (ANA) (new window)
- See also: A Black Nurse’s Reaction to the ANA Apology by Lucinda Canty (new window)
- Racial Equity and School Health | Mass.gov (new window)
- Racial Justice Competency Model – For Public Health (new window)
- Immigrant Child Health (aap.org) (new window)
- Immigrant and Refugee Children (new window)
- Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline for adult family members who may benefit from free, state-approved adult education programs (new window)
- Resources for Supporting Immigrant and Refugee Students | MA DESE (new window)
- Welcoming Newcomer and Refugee Students and Families | MA DESE (Memo from Commissioner Riley, March 8, 2022) (new window)
- From Switchboard: Connecting Resettlement Experts:
- Guide: School Enrollment for Students in Temporary Housing (new window)
- Toolkit: Supporting Afghan Students in Schools & Youth Programs in the United States (new window)
- Evidence Summary: What works to help students in immigrant and refugee families complete secondary education? (new window)
- Guide: Resilience among Refugee Youth and Families (new window)
- E-Learning: Refugee and Immigrant Family and Community Engagement in the Schools (new window)
- Archived Webinar: Accessing Federal Student Aid for Newcomer Youth and Adults: The Latest Guidance from the U.S. Department of Education (new window)
- Archived Webinar: Welcoming Afghan Newcomer Students Back to School (new window)
- Archived Webinar: Understanding Trauma in Refugee Youth: Pre-flight, Flight, & Post-flight (new window)
- Archived Webinar: What Now? Post-High School, College & Career Readiness for Refugee Youth (new window)
- Archived Webinar: Sex Trafficking of Minors: Know the Process, Look for the Signs (new window)