All Regions- Regional Meeting
Would you like to hear a candid discussion with colleagues who will share the realities of what the reopening of school has been like for them and how they have managed and dealt with the obstacles and challenges?
A candid discussion around the following topics and the techniques employed to handle these situations
- The reality of preparing for reopening: flowcharts, decision trees, etc.; protocol and procedure guidance documents; professional development; collaborations; building a sense of community for the nursing staff.
- Preparing for COVID-19 testing:
- Resources for: ourselves; school nurses; staff; students; and parents.
- Your response to your role during the reopening.
- 1-2 examples of your more complex or humorous or challenging experiences and how have you managed and dealt with them.
Massachusetts School Nurses
After completing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify techniques, strategies, and responses utilized to manage school communities during the pandemic.
Katie Vozeolas, BSN, RN, NCSN
Director of Health and Nursing
Haverhill Public Schools
Mary Ellen Duggan, MEd, BSN, RN, NCSN
Director Wellness Coordinator/Nurse Leader
Public School of Northborough and Southborough
Patricia Laham, MEd, RN, BSN
Coordinator of School Health Services
Public Schools of Brookline
Becky McCaffrey BSN, RN, NCSN
Director of School Health Services
Gardner Public Schools
Cynthia Carbone, MEd, MSN, RN
Director of Health, Wellness, and Nursing
Holyoke Public Schools
Margaret "Meg" Burch, MS, RN, NCSN
Frontier Regional and Union #38 School District
Wanda Nunes, MSN, BSN, RN
Supervisor of School Nurses
New Bedford Public Schools
Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Nursing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Boston University School of Medicine designates this meeting with 2.00 participation credits, none of which are eligible for pharmacology credit.
- 2.00 Participation