CRAFFT+N - Talking with Students about Nicotine, Tobacco and Vaping
How do you discuss the use of nicotine, tobacco, and vaping with students?
This is an OPTIONAL supplemental training to SBIRT in Schools.
- School health professionals who would like to explore additional content and resources for discussing nicotine, tobacco, and vaping with students
- School health professionals who need an update on the screening tool changes reflected in CRAFFT+N: SBIRT in Schools
- Prerequisite: SBIRT in Schools Introduction to Identifying and Addressing Substance Use
- Describe trends in student nicotine use including products and prevalence
- Summarize the approach of CRAFFT+N as the current state approved verbal substance use screening tool
- Examine strategies for applying the Brief Negotiated Interview with students who screen positive for nicotine use
- Locate referral resources for nicotine, tobacco, vaping
Duration: 30 mins- 1 hour
Virtual and Self-paced including 8 sections with interaction
- 1.00 ParticipationBoston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.